Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blasphemy!

There are a couple of things you should know about me before you read this post:

1. I am a die-hard sock knitter.

2. I am a die-hard sock knitter who loves to use wooden DPNs to knit my socks. I love how they feel in my hand and, like the Yarn Harlot said once - they look pretty impressive to the uninitiated.

3. I secretly mock people who knit socks from the toe up the same way some knitters secretly mock people who crochet.

4. I hate change.

Moving on to the post:

See that book in the front of the pile? Yep. The book on knitting socks from the toe up. I am about to commit blasphemy against my personal sock philosophy. Chrissy the Great of the Manic Purl podcast recently reviewed this book and I had to buy it.

Everyone: please note this historical event. Refer to items 3 and 4 above.

Some might chalk this up to personal growth but I know better. I am just stubborn. There are a few sock patterns that I really want to knit but the toe up thing is holding me back. Trust me - change is still bad and I will bitch the entire time. I will lose sleep over it. But in the end, I am mighty mighty and toe up socks will not control me.

I hate change.

ON THE NEEDLES: Testing toes for toe up socks and Hanami
ON THE BOOKSHELF: Across the Nightingale Floor
ON THE iPOD: Silk Code podaudio book
ON THE TALBE: Sliced turkey sandwiches (crockpot turkey breast!)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your change :) I could never get toe up to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I crochet...am I to be mocked for it as well? that's just craptastic...*sigh

    ReplyDelete