Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reminder

I came to "know" Pastor Ryan via the Pioneer Woman blog. Ryan and the Pioneer Woman "met" on the internet and became fast friends. Ryan went to visit the Pioneer Woman - and I "met" him, too.


I began to follow his blog, This is Reverb, daily. Pastor Ryan, with his tattoos and "come as you are" attitude is one of these. He beats the archetype out of his religion and genuinely seems to avoid judgment of others. In addition to this mix, he is also honest about his struggles. While I am not a religious woman, this is kind of mix is what religion *should* be.

A few days ago, he posted THIS on his blog. The list of things of things he has been "observing/learning/reflecting on" is powerful. When you read it, you will agree.

Please look at it....and embrace one today. Just one. Make it your focus. Take it in. Let it remind you.

My choice is "Everyone you lock eyes with has something serious going on somewhere in their lives." This is painfully true. I cannot even put into words what this "reminds" me to recognize.

Just one.

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I've been trying to work on "Giving people the benefit of the doubt is difficult, but necessary"... I just checked it's the reflection right below yours. I can't remember when I started reading his blog but Ryan is great - makes me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get through to his blog, although I will definitely try again, given the two that you and marycatherine above quote. It sounds like some excellent food for thought, which I always appreciate.

    ReplyDelete